Tom Lehman/Schwab Cup
Tom Lehman Biography
With 25 professional golf tour wins, Tom Lehman is viewed as the ideal ambassador to the game.
There have been many high points over the course of Lehman's long career, none higher than capturing the Open Championship in 1996 and in 1997 being ranked Number 1 in the world. The Byron Nelson and Payne Stewart Award winner captained the US Ryder Cup Team in 2006 and was a vice Captain in 2010 and 2016. He also played on three Ryder Cup Teams as well as three Presidents Cup Teams. This year’s Elevate Phoenix Invitational takes place the same week as the Charles Schwab Cup Championship, the final event in the yearlong Schwab Cup point race which Lehman won back-to-back in 2011 and 2012. Most notably, he is the only golfer in history to have been awarded the Player of the Year honor on all three PGA Tours: the PGA Tour, the Web.com Tour and the PGA Tour Champions.
Tom is the Development Board Chairman and a Founding Board Member to Elevate Phoenix. During his eight years of involvement, Tom was a contributor to Rain Delay: Untold Stories from the Legends of Golf – a book compiled by author Mark Squire with half of the proceeds benefiting Elevate Phoenix. Tom’s has contributed to other literary works and is the author of a collection of tour stories in A Passion for the Game. He is married to his wonderful wife Melissa and they have four children, together they make the world of difference in the lives of so many.
Phoenix Country Club Description
2901 N. 7th Street
Phoenix, Arizona 85014
Northwest corner of 7th Street & E. Thomas Road
- Founded in 1899 and Golf Connoisseur Magazine has rated Phoenix Country Club among top 100 Most Prestigious Private Clubs in America
- 18-Hole Championship Golf Course; Golf Course Architect, Harry Collis; redesigned in 2002 by Tom Lehman - John Fought
- Par 71; 6,763 yards
- Driving range, putting green, short game practice facility
- Golf carts & push carts; walkers welcomed
- Tournaments including Invitational, Member-Guest, Member-Member and individual formats
- Golf Professional Staff all PGA and LPGA certified
- The Professional Shop is a showcase of the latest golf apparel, equipment and accessories
Charles Schwab Cup Championship Information
November 6-12, 2017
Phoenix Country Club
Tournament Play: Friday November 10th - Sunday, November 12th
Youth 18 years of age and under are admitted FREE with a ticketed adult.
All active duty and Reserve military member, military retirees, non-retired veterans and their dependents receive complimentary admission to the tournament. Tickets are complimentary but a $1 verification fee per military individual does apply.
For information on how to attend, Charles Schwab Cup Info