The Elevate Summer Program
The Elevate Summer Program happens for two weeks in the summer.
Each week takes place at the feeder elementary schools for our High schools.
The summer program comes free for the school and kids. Staff and students ( Jr staff) from Cesar Chavez and Camelback team up and run both weeks. One week for Bernard Black students and the second week for Larry C Kennedy students. The program services hundreds of students 2nd-8th grades.
It is partnerships that help our Summer program be successful:
- Healthy life stars to promote health and wellness in our students lives.
- Students are provided with both breakfast and lunch at the schools.
- An array of classes include: Art, gym, social recreation and character and leadership.
- The Character and leader rotation utilizes our partnership with MyOn reader to help boost students reading levels.
- Each rotation is run by a staff member and the lessons taught in each rotation focus on fun activities and character qualities and life skills that the students can learn and apply to their lives.
- Exposure to an array of “special classes” include: Dance, acting, Jewelry, self-defense, poetry. At the end of the week students will put on a talent show with the help of their instructors.
- Each day ends with a special guest coming in and speaking to the kiddos. Guest like the Phoenix Police K-9 unit, Big Mouth Productions, Self-defense Instructors and Olympic champion Henry Cejudo to name a few.
- Each day has a fun theme for the kids (Twin Day, Crazy hair day) and the weekends with Water Day. Water Day is a day the program brings in inflatable water slides and snow cones to celebrate the end of the program.