R.I.S.E. stands for Relationships, Instruction, Support and Equipping of at risk urban post secondary students.
- Join in an annual summer college bootcamp experience
- Receive personalized assistance with financial aid and academic advisement
- Learn about resources and services to help them be successful in college
- Have the opportunity to receive scholarships upon successful academic progress
- Participate in a variety of educational and cultural enrichment activities both on and off campus
- Engage with Elevate Phoenix staff who provide life mentoring, tutoring and community service experiences for each student.
- 93% retention rates
- Serving at risk students
- Mostly first generation college entries
Elevate committed faculty and staff serve as mentors providing R.I.S.E. participants with guidance and support throughout their academic journey.
At Elevate we know that high school graduation day is just the beginning.
In 2009 the US Department of Labor reported that 62% of all US jobs require a two or four year college degree. By the year 2020, this will increase to 75%
On average, approximately 54% of urban high school seniors graduate. At Elevate, we work to ensure that more of our seniors are graduating and enrolling in college.
In some cities, college alumni associates have been formed, providing support for the college student while giving them an opportunity to give back to the Elevate 4-12 grade programs and their communities.