Our Mission and Motivation
We deliver long-term, life-changing relationships with urban youth.
Across America’s hard-to-serve urban areas, public school students drop out of school in alarming numbers, and for those that do graduate; the road to post-secondary education is filled with obstacles. Too many of American’s high school students are underserved and, as a result, are underperforming.
A large majority of urban youth lack even one caring adult in their life, leading directly to increased crime, gang, drug activity and other roadblocks to self-sufficiency. The Elevate Phoenix model has proven effective in changing these trends and transforming lives of our city’s youth. It is our goal to change the outcome for our future leaders. We will continue to be the “hope holders until they can hold that hope for themselves”
Seven Core Beliefs
- We believe that EVERY CHILD is of great worth and has the desire and potential for success.
- We believe that LONG TERM, 24/7/365 RELATIONSHIPS with a caring adults have positive proven outcomes in the lives of our urban youth.
- We believe that a HOLISTIC approach is essential for a strong and healthy future for our youth.
- We believe that FULLTIME, SALARIED MENTORS WHO COME FROM SIMILAR BACKGROUNDS as the students have high capacity for positive influence.
- We believe that SERVANT LEADERSHIP, leading from a posture of selflessness and service, is the foundation for leadership.
- We believe in the intrinsic DIGNITY of every person and act accordingly.
- We believe that working in COLLABORATION yields the best long-term results, acknowledging that the complex work in our urban centers cannot be done single-handedly. Collaboration that breeds synergy ensures that we are all stronger, and more successful, when we come together under a common goal.
Our Character Qualities and Life Skills
- Vision 8. Career Mindedness
- Courage 9. Communication
- Respect 10. Leadership
- Caring 11. Problem Solving
- Responsibility 12. Decision Making
- Positive Work Ethic 13. Goal Setting
The Elevate curriculum consists of 100+ learning objectives centered on these 13 character qualities and life skills.